When it comes to consumer printers, Brother printers are among the most reliable options we have today for office or home use. Whether you own a Brother HL-2140 laser printer or a Brother MFC-495CW inkjet printer, you can be sure of getting high-quality print outs of important documents like business letters, sales reports, spreadsheets and photos.
On the other hand, while the cost of buying a printer has become very affordable for most consumers, the average expenditures for replacing your printer cartridges can be somewhat heavy on the pocket. Right, as long as you own and use your printer, at one point or another you’ll be running out of ink or toner cartridges which equates having to add them on your budget.
To reduce your expenses on your Brother printer cartridges, you’ll need to arm yourself with practical ways, such as:
1. Using the Draft Mode or Economy Settings When Printing. Whenever applicable, use this as often as you can to avoid wasting printer ink. Although the print out will appear lighter, the draft mode or economy settings is ideal for printing documents that are only needed for your personal filing.
2. Practicing the Habit of Printing Black & White. Colored print out look absolutely attractive. However, color ink cartridges are more expensive than black ink cartridges. Unless you’re going to use the document in your business presentation or school term papers, refrain from exhausting your color ink cartridges. To do this, adjust your document printing option by going to the print dialogue box and selecting the option to print in Black and White. Consistently practicing this habit will go a long way in preserving the life of your Brother ink cartridges.
3. Switching Off your Brother Printer When in Idle Mode. Most inkjet printers automatically clean themselves when not in use. During this self-cleaning process, your printer ink still gets consumed. To ensure that your Brother printer ink is only used in productive printing, never leave your printer device ON for long periods of time.
4. Avoiding Unnecessary Printing of Photos. Printing images can take up a lot of ink. If you don’t need to print graphs or clip art that are included in the document, might as well remove the portion and save your ink for more important printing tasks in the future.
5. Printing Only the Necessary Portion of a Web Page. Printing the entire web page is mostly not required. Simply select the portion of the text you need to print by holding down the left mouse button and then dragging the selected area over the text, or using the Print Selection option before you begin printing.
6. Using Ink Saving Software. One good example to this is the InkSaver2.0, which can be downloaded from the Internet – free of charge. This and other types of available ink saving software are ideal for producing high quality print outs with less ink. Just make sure to choose an ink saving software that is compatible with your printer device and computer OS before installing anything.
7. Taking Advantage of Ink Supplies Sale. This is perhaps one of the easiest ways to conserve on your Brother printer ink cartridges, as there are already quite a few office supplies retailers that offer discount Brother ink cartridges. Check websites like PrintCountry which is among the leading retailers of ink cartridges online that offers affordable Brother cartridges.
8. Buy in Bulk. Especially if you are a heavy printer. Most online retailers like PrintCountry offer volume discounts if you buy Brother printer ink cartridges at a minimum quantity. This allows you to save up to 30% more than buying per piece.
This Article is written by John C Arkin the contributor of PrintCountry Articles.
This Article is written by John C Arkin.
PrintCountry offers a wide range of replacement cartridges, generic printer supplies, remanufactured and recycled printer inkjet cartridges for various brands like HP.com , Dell.com, Epson.com, BrotherUSA.com, Lexmark.com, Samsung.com, Canon.com and other brands less known than HP, Epson, Brother, Dell like Pitney Bowes, Minolta, Mita, Kodak printers. All brand names mentioned on this page are used for demonstrative purposes only. PrintCountry is not associated, affiliated or connected with. At PrintCountry.com besides offering deep discounted warehouse prices and online shopping offers and promotions for compatible toner cartridges, replacement printer ink cartridges, you can also find printer reviews about the most popular, best rated, newest printers, coupons and promos for other printing equipment manufacturers, do it yourself guides from friendly kid projects using your printer to great gift ideas using things like photo paper and your printers features. Whether you would like to buy your printer supplies online at discount prices, or save a bunch on cheap ink cartridges without sacrificing from quality prints, we hope you will find our website a good resource & guide to your print supply shopping needs.