Have you ever encountered a printer error code while using your Brother multifunction printer? Chances are that you have. It is not that the Brother multifunction printer is an inferior machine; in fact, it is one of the best multifunction printers out there. But just like any machine, it can bog down. And when it does, a printer error code might pop up on your computer screen or on the LCD control panel of the printer.
What are the common printer error codes of Brother multifunction printers and how can we fix them? Here is a list of these common printer error codes.
- Error Code S05. A printer error code like this happens when the transfer of data via the parallel port is not going smoothly. Just reset your printer to get it going again.
- Error Code E50. This printer error code flashes when the fuser unit of your Brother multifunction printer gets damaged. When this happens, it is a signal that you must replace your printer’s fuser unit.
- Error Code E51. When the printer’s laser beam, lid or mirrors are not placed in their appropriate positions, it results in this printer error code. Please check if everything in your printer is where it should be before you start using it again.
- Black pages. Sometimes, the message “Black pages” can flash on the screen, or a black page is actually being printed out. In this case, you would need to take your printer to a service center and replace its jumper wires and diodes.
- Check paper path. When this message shows up, it means that your Brother multifunction printer has a dirty or misaligned eject roller. Clean it or straighten it up, whichever is necessary, and then try printing again.
- Cutter problems. This occurs when there is a paper jam or when the cutter is not cutting paper like it should be. What you need to do when this happens is to clean the cutter spring and put some oil onto it. If the problem recurs, then your next recourse would be to put in another gear train.
- Loud noise. If your Brother multifunction printer suddenly becomes very noisy in the middle of a print job, it could mean that there is a problem with your printer’s power supply. Examine the boards of your printer to see if the solder joints are hot or cold. You may have to replace these boards, or perhaps the capacitor of your printer.
- Poor quality of copy. When the output of your Brother multifunction printer, be it the printout or the fax, is smudgy, it could be because the scanning mirrors or the glass is dirty. Clean them up if they are. However, if these are clean, then the problem could be your printer’s camera. You can try out unplugging your printer for a few hours, but if the problem persists, you may have to go to a service center to get your printer’s camera replaced.
This Article is written by John C Arkin.
PrintCountry offers a wide range of replacement cartridges, generic printer supplies, remanufactured and recycled printer inkjet cartridges for various brands like HP.com , Dell.com, Epson.com, BrotherUSA.com, Lexmark.com, Samsung.com, Canon.com and other brands less known than HP, Epson, Brother, Dell like Pitney Bowes, Minolta, Mita, Kodak printers. All brand names mentioned on this page are used for demonstrative purposes only. PrintCountry is not associated, affiliated or connected with. At PrintCountry.com besides offering deep discounted warehouse prices and online shopping offers and promotions for compatible toner cartridges, replacement printer ink cartridges, you can also find printer reviews about the most popular, best rated, newest printers, coupons and promos for other printing equipment manufacturers, do it yourself guides from friendly kid projects using your printer to great gift ideas using things like photo paper and your printers features. Whether you would like to buy your printer supplies online at discount prices, or save a bunch on cheap ink cartridges without sacrificing from quality prints, we hope you will find our website a good resource & guide to your print supply shopping needs.