There have been many cases of internet plagiarism being filed these days. This is because of the easy access to information that can be downloaded through the use of the PC. Before, people use to copy materials from books or magazines and other reading materials. But nowadays, we become more dependent on the Internet for our everyday living. In fact, the Internet is more accessible as we can also "copy and paste" works made by others.
Besides this main fact about internet plagiarism, there are also other facts that you should take note of when it comes to this sensitive matter.
Fact # 1 – Internet plagiarism has many implications.
Students may not be aware of the consequences of plagiarizing some other person's work. Because of this lack of knowledge about the matter, they tend to present copied work to their professors or to any person who needs the said paper. These can be penalized. Exclusion from the college or university where the student is attending is just one of these penalties.
Fact # 2 – Internet plagiarism comes in different forms.
Plagiarism is not merely the act of copying another author's work word for word. It can also arise from the following acts:
1. Downloading of topics related to your assignment and submitting it as if you were the original author of the work.
2. Buying or stealing the work from others and saying that it is your own work.
3. Using significant ideas (or copying these concepts) and then present them as your own.
4. Too much reliance on other people's material without citing your references.
Fact # 3 – Internet plagiarism can be avoided
It is a fact that internet plagiarism can at least be lessened even if it cannot be totally eliminated. Avoiding plagiarism can be done as follows:
1. You should resist the need to cut and paste or copy and paste material from the website. It would be best to gather your sources then jot down important points that you think are related to your own assignment before writing them down.
2. If you cannot resist the temptation or you cannot write the phrases in your own words, it will be best if you cite your sources. Learn referencing styles such as Harvard referencing and APA referencing.
3. Aside from using citations, it is vital to know more about documentation and quotations.
It is also important to learn more about internet plagiarism. You can use sources such as:
This Article is written by John C Arkin, contributor of PrintCountry Articles.
This Article is written by John C Arkin.
PrintCountry offers a wide range of replacement cartridges, generic printer supplies, remanufactured and recycled printer inkjet cartridges for various brands like HP.com , Dell.com, Epson.com, BrotherUSA.com, Lexmark.com, Samsung.com, Canon.com and other brands less known than HP, Epson, Brother, Dell like Pitney Bowes, Minolta, Mita, Kodak printers. All brand names mentioned on this page are used for demonstrative purposes only. PrintCountry is not associated, affiliated or connected with. At PrintCountry.com besides offering deep discounted warehouse prices and online shopping offers and promotions for compatible toner cartridges, replacement printer ink cartridges, you can also find printer reviews about the most popular, best rated, newest printers, coupons and promos for other printing equipment manufacturers, do it yourself guides from friendly kid projects using your printer to great gift ideas using things like photo paper and your printers features. Whether you would like to buy your printer supplies online at discount prices, or save a bunch on cheap ink cartridges without sacrificing from quality prints, we hope you will find our website a good resource & guide to your print supply shopping needs.