Photographers are individuals who basically love to take pictures. Photography can be a hobby for some (these ones are known as amateur photographers) but there are those who also consider it as a profession (also known as professional photographers). The world’s greatest photographers have been recognized along these lines. As per Web-Art’s listings, here are 5 of the best photographers in the world.
1. Abbott, Berenice. Berenice is an American photographer born in 1898. She discovered her love for taking images in 1920. She started as a studio assistant to then American expatriate in Paris, Man Ray. When she had her own studio, Berenice started taking pictures of some of Paris’ intellectuals like Eugene Atget and James Joyce. When she returned to the US, she started taking pictures of agricultural landscapes which then lead to the conceptualization of “Changing New York”.
2. Adams, Ansel. Known for his black and white landscape photography, Ansel Adams is also considered an environmentalist. He was born in San Francisco California in 1902 and started to learn how to play piano when he was 12. But with his obvious love for nature, as evidenced by his long walks via the Golden Gate, he gave up music for photography. From there, he started taking pictures every time he explored nature. Some of the great works of Ansel were published by the Sierra Club in 1922. It was in 1927 when he worked on “Monolith, the Face of Half Dome”.
3. Atget, Eugene. Born in 1857 in Libourne, France, he was forty years old, when he started taking photographs. He viewed himself as more of a skilled worker than a photographer. He sold his photographs to architects, city administrators and decorators. He made use of a plate camera and a tripod to take pictures while he printed his outputs on a gold-toned paper. When he met Berenice Abbott in 1926, the latter helped him publicize his work. A year later though, he died but left behind 2,000 pieces of empty glass plates and 10,000 prints.
4. Avedon, Richard. Richard Avedon was born in 1923 in New York. He has seen his works as reflections of himself. He said that his shots were concerned about human predicament and these predicaments were simply his own. He was noted for the brilliance of his images which he started to produce in 1944. His photographs were first recognized in the advertising industry. Richard Avedon made a trademark to his pictures in that he took images of people with only a portion of their bodies shown in the final output.
5. Beato, Felice. Born in Italy in 1832, Felice devoted much of his time taking photographs in Asian countries like India and Japan as well as in the Near East like Constantinople, Crimea and Athens. Basically, his images had some connection with the remnants of war. If there is one famous photograph he had taken, that would be a picture of the Opium War which he captured in 1860.
Aside from the five names mentioned above, there are also other people who have made a mark in the world of photography. Some of the best ones include Edouard Boubat, Margaret Bourke-White, Bill Brandt and Rene Burri.
This Article is written by John C Arkin, contributor of PrintCountry Articles.
This Article is written by John C Arkin.
PrintCountry offers a wide range of replacement cartridges, generic printer supplies, remanufactured and recycled printer inkjet cartridges for various brands like HP.com , Dell.com, Epson.com, BrotherUSA.com, Lexmark.com, Samsung.com, Canon.com and other brands less known than HP, Epson, Brother, Dell like Pitney Bowes, Minolta, Mita, Kodak printers. All brand names mentioned on this page are used for demonstrative purposes only. PrintCountry is not associated, affiliated or connected with. At PrintCountry.com besides offering deep discounted warehouse prices and online shopping offers and promotions for compatible toner cartridges, replacement printer ink cartridges, you can also find printer reviews about the most popular, best rated, newest printers, coupons and promos for other printing equipment manufacturers, do it yourself guides from friendly kid projects using your printer to great gift ideas using things like photo paper and your printers features. Whether you would like to buy your printer supplies online at discount prices, or save a bunch on cheap ink cartridges without sacrificing from quality prints, we hope you will find our website a good resource & guide to your print supply shopping needs.