The geeks and the nerds out there are getting their long-overdue respect and recognition, thanks to self-proclaimed celebrity nerds who are coming out of the closet. Indeed, it has become fashionable these days to dredge up geek credentials in order to pass as a celebrity nerd. But then again, we all know that it always takes one to know one, and all those posers out there would not stand a chance once the true-blue nerds get to sniff them out.
So, who are these celebrity nerds who truly have the credentials to match their claim? You may be surprised to find out that there so many of them in Hollywood, but here are eight.
1. Vin Diesel. Though he may be more known for his sullen and intimidating characters, Vin Diesel is a celebrity nerd and an avid gamer who has been playing Dungeons and Dragons in the last 20 years. It is even said that he had his character’s name tattooed on his body. He also owns Tigon Studios, a creator of video games based on his movies.
2. Kirk Douglas. Kirk Douglas is known as the oldest celebrity blogger out there, and he does write his own post on his MySpace page. He is the grandpappy that geeks probably dream of having.
3. Ashton Kutcher. We all know Ashton Kutcher as the mischievous brain behind the MTV hit show Punk’d and as the beautiful significant other of the equally beautiful Demi Moore. What makes him a celebrity nerd? He majored in biochemical engineering at the University of Iowa. Also, he is the creative director of the techie firm Ooma and Katalyst Media.
4. Paris Hilton. Paris Hilton is a celebrity nerd? Believe it or not, but she does have the credentials even if she does not look like it. She is always spotted with at least a couple of mobile handsets, and it does take some savvy to hack someone else’s PDA, which she did with Lindsay Lohan’s at the height of her rivalry with the actress.
5. Sara Lane. Before Olivia Munn took over her spot as the babe of Attack of the Show!, Sara Lane ruled as the queen of the geeks, idolized by videogame fans all over the world. It is not just a role for her, either. She does know the stuff that her geek fans are fond of.
6. Martha Stewart. Martha Stewart has not only realized the power of technology and used it to her own advantages but she also uses it for herself. She is known to be an avid blogger and is known to be savvy with gadgets like the Amazon Kindle.
7. Wil Wheaton. No list of celebrity nerds will be complete without any mention of Wil Wheaton. He is, after all, the spokesperson of all the geeks and nerds out there. His geek identity began when he was cast as Wesley Crusher in Star Trek: The Next Generation, and he later on worked as a programmer for Newtek. He is also an avid blogger.
8. Robin Williams. No one would ever doubt that Robin Williams is a celebrity nerd. It is very much known that he is an avid computer gamer. If you want proof, just look at his daughter’s name – Zelda. Yes, she was named after the computer game.
This Article is written by John C Arkin.
PrintCountry offers a wide range of replacement cartridges, generic printer supplies, remanufactured and recycled printer inkjet cartridges for various brands like HP.com , Dell.com, Epson.com, BrotherUSA.com, Lexmark.com, Samsung.com, Canon.com and other brands less known than HP, Epson, Brother, Dell like Pitney Bowes, Minolta, Mita, Kodak printers. All brand names mentioned on this page are used for demonstrative purposes only. PrintCountry is not associated, affiliated or connected with. At PrintCountry.com besides offering deep discounted warehouse prices and online shopping offers and promotions for compatible toner cartridges, replacement printer ink cartridges, you can also find printer reviews about the most popular, best rated, newest printers, coupons and promos for other printing equipment manufacturers, do it yourself guides from friendly kid projects using your printer to great gift ideas using things like photo paper and your printers features. Whether you would like to buy your printer supplies online at discount prices, or save a bunch on cheap ink cartridges without sacrificing from quality prints, we hope you will find our website a good resource & guide to your print supply shopping needs.