Composition and rhetoric programs are known by other names. These can also be called composition studies, college composition, rhetoric and composition, composition, or writing studies. This is a field wherein students are taught to write compositions at the college level. But aside from taking up the course during college, one has a choice to undertake graduate studies for the said field.
Graduate studies in Composition and Rhetoric
In the US, graduate studies for this field are available in over 80 universities. Basically, the course is part of Education programs and English studies. But there are universities offering a graduate course in some other departments, for instance, Composition and Linguistics or Rhetoric and Composition. The following are some Universities offering Ph.D. courses in Composition and Rhetoric:
1. Purdue University. The university began its composition and rhetoric graduate program in 1980. To date, 158 people earned a Ph.D. degree on the field from Purdue.
2. Penn State. For over decades now, Penn State's Department of English offers graduate courses in Rhetoric and Composition and covers fields such as rhetoric studies, composition studies, literary studies, technology studies and African-American studies.
3. The University of Wisconsin-Madison. The University's CompRhet Ph.D. program was founded in 1991. Since then, it commits to provide graduate education on different areas of composition and rhetoric such as learning in contemporary society, language and literacy.
4. Bowling Green State University. Celebrating its 30th year in 2010, BGSU's Rhetoric and Writing Ph.D. program prepares students for faculty careers in the said field. Different approaches are used from empirical and technological to cultural and rhetorical.
5. The University of Utah. The University offers three Ph.D. programs for rhetoric and composition namely: British and American Literature; Creative Writing; and American Studies.
6. University of Massachusetts Amherst. The University offers different Ph.D. courses for rhetoric and composition. Included in the list are rhetorical theory, literacy studies, composition theory and research methodologies.
7. Ohio University. Connecting pedagogy and theory, the University provides rhetoric and composition Ph.D. programs in the fields of literature and creative studies.
For some other universities offering Graduate Studies in Rhetoric, you can refer to the A-C listing made by UM-Duluth's Assistant Professor, David Beard.
This Article is written by John C Arkin, contributor of PrintCountry Articles.
This Article is written by John C Arkin.
PrintCountry offers a wide range of replacement cartridges, generic printer supplies, remanufactured and recycled printer inkjet cartridges for various brands like HP.com , Dell.com, Epson.com, BrotherUSA.com, Lexmark.com, Samsung.com, Canon.com and other brands less known than HP, Epson, Brother, Dell like Pitney Bowes, Minolta, Mita, Kodak printers. All brand names mentioned on this page are used for demonstrative purposes only. PrintCountry is not associated, affiliated or connected with. At PrintCountry.com besides offering deep discounted warehouse prices and online shopping offers and promotions for compatible toner cartridges, replacement printer ink cartridges, you can also find printer reviews about the most popular, best rated, newest printers, coupons and promos for other printing equipment manufacturers, do it yourself guides from friendly kid projects using your printer to great gift ideas using things like photo paper and your printers features. Whether you would like to buy your printer supplies online at discount prices, or save a bunch on cheap ink cartridges without sacrificing from quality prints, we hope you will find our website a good resource & guide to your print supply shopping needs.