Have you been wondering how you can provide great labels for your blank DVD? Well, you don't have to worry about that anymore. All you need is an inkjet printer for printing labels. At times, you may also have to invest on label printing software though. After reading this, you have gathered the main tools you need for this activity – inkjet printer, blank DVD labels, DVDs and of course the software.
Steps in printing labels on blank DVDs
As mentioned, printing labels over blank DVDs are plain and simple. In fact, there are only 6 steps to it.
1. Start by buying your DVD labels. Some manufacturers provide DVD labels that are exclusively made for inkjet printers.
2. Invest on label printing software. You can use these not just for printing your blank DVD labels. This can be used for designing them as well. The steps in designing the labels will have some variations that will depend on how you want your label to look like. It also depends upon the software you are using. You can get some designs from artwork websites though.
3. Carefully design your label. The first thing for you to do is consider the information you want to appear on the printing labels. Remember that using plain text will be easier. But if you want to use pictures, then go ahead. Just make sure their sizes fit into the label before you print them up.
4. Now, you can begin printing your DVD labels. Once you have clicked "print", the software may ask you some information regarding your blank DVD. This is important in order for you to make sure that the label is aligned properly. After which, you are ready to print your labels.
5. After printing, you are ready to place the label over your blank DVD. Peel off the backing carefully. You can make use of labels with some devices that will help you align your labels in a better way. It is also important to take your time in placing these labels over your blank DVD. Since the labels have adhesive properties, you only have one shot to place it.
6. Make sure that the label is firmly pressed over the blank DVD. Check on proper alignment of the label once more. Any paper that hangs over the edge of the DVD may damage your player.
Some important tips to remember in printing labels for blank DVDs
There are also some tips on how you may make sure that the printing labels will work very well on your blank DVDs.
1. Make use of the DVD protectors that come with the DVD pack. You can use these as bases while you press the labels over the disk.
2. Be creative when making your printing labels. You can have as many label types as you want inside a DVD label pack.
3. For great label printing software, you can use Nero, iTunes or Windows Media Player. These ones can help you create the label you want using your inkjet printer.
Labeling your blank DVD will only work out right by keeping the above-mentioned tips by heart. Following instructions are always important to the success of this DIY project.
This Article is written by John C Arkin, contributor of PrintCountry Articles.
This Article is written by John C Arkin.
PrintCountry offers a wide range of replacement cartridges, generic printer supplies, remanufactured and recycled printer inkjet cartridges for various brands like HP.com , Dell.com, Epson.com, BrotherUSA.com, Lexmark.com, Samsung.com, Canon.com and other brands less known than HP, Epson, Brother, Dell like Pitney Bowes, Minolta, Mita, Kodak printers. All brand names mentioned on this page are used for demonstrative purposes only. PrintCountry is not associated, affiliated or connected with. At PrintCountry.com besides offering deep discounted warehouse prices and online shopping offers and promotions for compatible toner cartridges, replacement printer ink cartridges, you can also find printer reviews about the most popular, best rated, newest printers, coupons and promos for other printing equipment manufacturers, do it yourself guides from friendly kid projects using your printer to great gift ideas using things like photo paper and your printers features. Whether you would like to buy your printer supplies online at discount prices, or save a bunch on cheap ink cartridges without sacrificing from quality prints, we hope you will find our website a good resource & guide to your print supply shopping needs.