Epsom salt is a chemical compound that has proven itself for having many uses. One such use that people have discovered for Epsom salt is for promoting good health. Why has Epsom salt come to be associated with healthy living? That is because Epsom salt has magnesium, and magnesium is a very important element in making sure that our bodies are functioning as they should.
By what ways can we use Epsom salt to help keep our bodies in tiptop shape? Here is a list of a few things we can do with Epsom salt for our health.
- As bath salts. Epsom salt was first used as bath salts. A good soak in a tub filled with warm water and mixed with two cups of Epsom salt is great for detoxifying the body and relieving stress.
Stress often reduces the level of magnesium in the body, and soaking in water mixed with Epsom salt restores the lost magnesium. Epsom salt can also help in flushing out the toxins from the body and relieve muscle pain.
- As a foot soak. The feet are often the most abused parts of our bodies, and it is not surprising when we feel pain in our feet. Soaking the feet in warm water mixed with half a cup of Epsom salt can take the pain away from the feet. Doing so also helps reduce the appearance of varicose veins and helps treat athlete’s foot and other fungal ailments commonly afflicting the feet.
- As a facial scrub. Epsom salt can be an effective agent in cleaning and exfoliating the face. Exfoliating the face is necessary because it sloughs away the layers of dead skin cells from the face and allows newer, healthier cells to emerge. This is easy to do; all that needs to be done is to mix a pinch of Epsom salt with the facial scrub and massage it onto the face. Afterwards, rinse it off.
- As a body scrub. Just like the skin on the face, the skin on the body also needs to be exfoliated. But other than that, massaging Epsom salt all over the body can also promote better blood circulation, soften the rough parts and help in making the skin tone look more even. Just rub Epsom salt on your skin and rinse.
- As a hair cleanser. The shampoo, conditioner and styling products that we use on our hair often leave remnants on each strand, leading to product buildup. When product buildup happens on the hair, it can be hard for the nutrients supposedly supplied by shampoo and conditioner to be absorbed by the hair. To clear the hair of product buildup, mix Epsom salt with your shampoo and rinse thoroughly.
- As a constipation relief. Constipation is not just uncomfortable but painful. It is proven that drinking water mixed with a teaspoonful or two of Epsom salt can relieve a person of constipation.
These are just some of the uses Epsom salt has that can help promote bodily health. Having some Epsom salt at home is always handy.
This Article is written by John C Arkin.
PrintCountry offers a wide range of replacement cartridges, generic printer supplies, remanufactured and recycled printer inkjet cartridges for various brands like HP.com , Dell.com, Epson.com, BrotherUSA.com, Lexmark.com, Samsung.com, Canon.com and other brands less known than HP, Epson, Brother, Dell like Pitney Bowes, Minolta, Mita, Kodak printers. All brand names mentioned on this page are used for demonstrative purposes only. PrintCountry is not associated, affiliated or connected with. At PrintCountry.com besides offering deep discounted warehouse prices and online shopping offers and promotions for compatible toner cartridges, replacement printer ink cartridges, you can also find printer reviews about the most popular, best rated, newest printers, coupons and promos for other printing equipment manufacturers, do it yourself guides from friendly kid projects using your printer to great gift ideas using things like photo paper and your printers features. Whether you would like to buy your printer supplies online at discount prices, or save a bunch on cheap ink cartridges without sacrificing from quality prints, we hope you will find our website a good resource & guide to your print supply shopping needs.