Mobile phones become outdated faster than any other gadget, especially Apple iPhones and other smartphones. Because of this, many people end up putting their old mobile phones in the trash and this, in turn, adds to the non-biodegradable waste of our planet. There are, however many different ways to recycle and reuse old Apple iPhones and other smartphones. So, before you even think of dumping your old smartphone into the trash just because you bought a new one, consider these tips to lessen the bad impact that old gadgets have on the environment.
1. Look for charitable organizations. There are a lot of organizations, charities and even schools that accept old smartphones or Apple iphones. These groups donate mobile phones to other countries and schools, where people need them the most. They refurbish and repair these old phones so that other people can use them.
2. Transform old smartphones into a dedicated GPS navigator. If your old smartphnone has wi-fi or GPS connectivity, then you can easily turn it into a nifty, portable electronic map. There are many ways to do this. You can download the mobile Google maps application on your phone or you can install different navigation programs or city guides and maps on it.
3. Use your old smartphones or Apple iPhones as a handy recording device. This is another great phone recycling tip. Keep your old smartphone or iPhone with you during trips, reunions or in your office desk so you have a portable video or audio recorder with you all the time. You can even use your old phone as an extra camera, in case your new phone runs out of memory or batteries.
4. Contact your phone’s manufacturer for information on phone recycling. If you just bought a new iPhone and still have old Apple iPhones lying around, bring your old units to your nearest Apple store. Apple accepts old iPhones and recycles them or disposes of them in environmentally friendly ways. You may even get discounts on purchases if you bring in your old units for phone recycling.
5. Sell your old smartphones on sites like Craigslist or Ebay. Most people buy new phones, not because their old ones are busted, but because they want to upgrade to Apple iPhones or other newer phones. Admit it, you also do this at times. But before you contribute to the littering of landfills, consider selling your old phone in websites like Craigslist or Ebay. Sell your old phone at a much lower price, to be able to attract more potential buyers.
6. Trade-in your old phones if you want to buy new ones. A lot of online and physical stores accept trade-ins. Bring in your old smartphones and trade it in for a newer model. These stores will probably ask you to add additional cash for you to get the latest mobile phone model.
Think before you throw out your old smartphones just because you’ve saved up enough for a newer model. Be kind to our planet and don’t add to the landfills. Practice phone recycling to contribute to a greener, cleaner, more beautiful earth.
This Article is written by John C Arkin.
PrintCountry offers a wide range of replacement cartridges, generic printer supplies, remanufactured and recycled printer inkjet cartridges for various brands like HP.com , Dell.com, Epson.com, BrotherUSA.com, Lexmark.com, Samsung.com, Canon.com and other brands less known than HP, Epson, Brother, Dell like Pitney Bowes, Minolta, Mita, Kodak printers. All brand names mentioned on this page are used for demonstrative purposes only. PrintCountry is not associated, affiliated or connected with. At PrintCountry.com besides offering deep discounted warehouse prices and online shopping offers and promotions for compatible toner cartridges, replacement printer ink cartridges, you can also find printer reviews about the most popular, best rated, newest printers, coupons and promos for other printing equipment manufacturers, do it yourself guides from friendly kid projects using your printer to great gift ideas using things like photo paper and your printers features. Whether you would like to buy your printer supplies online at discount prices, or save a bunch on cheap ink cartridges without sacrificing from quality prints, we hope you will find our website a good resource & guide to your print supply shopping needs.