Brand new printer ink cartridges cost a considerable amount of money in general, and while printer ink cartridges from Hewlett-Packard can be said to be more affordable than most, they are still a little bit expensive. Thus, it makes sense for the average computer user to give using HP printer ink refill kits a good thought.
Buying and using HP printer ink refill kits do translate to savings for the average computer user. However, the downside of this is that if these refill kits are used incorrectly, it can lead to irreparable damage to the printer. This is particularly applicable to HP printers because their printer ink cartridges are designed to be part of the printer head.
To make the task of refilling printer ink cartridges using HP printer ink refill kits easy for the average computer user, here are a few tips and tricks.
1. Always buy an HP printer ink refill kit that is specifically manufactured for the particular model that you have. Each printer unit requires a specific formulation of ink to function properly. Feeding your HP printer with the wrong type of printer ink will permanently damage your printer.
2. Never wait for your printer ink cartridge to go bone dry before you refill it. Always watch out for signs that the ink cartridge is running out of ink. If you wait too long, the printer ink left inside the cartridge will clog the cartridge outlets and damage it. Refilling a damaged ink cartridge will result at best in bad print quality and at worse in irreparable printer head damage. If you are not sure if your printer ink cartridge is empty, print a test page.
3. Make sure that you follow the instructions on your HP printer ink refill kit to the letter. If you do not follow the instructions carefully, you will only end up with a damaged cartridge, or worse, a damaged printer head.
4. In filling a colored printer ink cartridge, be certain that you fill the cartridge chamber with the correct color of ink. Failing to do this will result in skewed printing results.
5. No one wants to get messed up while refilling an ink cartridge with a refill kit, so always line your workplace with cloth before you begin. Cloth will absorb the ink and keep it from seeping onto the surface of your workplace.
6. Got ink on your hands while refilling your printer ink cartridge? Do not worry about it. To remove ink stains from your hands, just wash it first with soap and water to get the excess oil of the ink off your skin. Follow it with a wash of mild bleach mixed with water. And then, wash your hands again with soap and water to get the bleach off.
Using HP printer ink refill kits are very handy and can result in considerable savings. But here is a caveat for you, though: If your printer is still under warranty, you will lose your warranty in case it is damaged by printer ink from the refill kit. Also, you can only refill an HP printer ink cartridge once or twice because the risk of ruining the printer gets too high. So, be careful in your use of HP printer ink refill kits.
This Article is written by John C Arkin.
PrintCountry offers a wide range of replacement cartridges, generic printer supplies, remanufactured and recycled printer inkjet cartridges for various brands like HP.com , Dell.com, Epson.com, BrotherUSA.com, Lexmark.com, Samsung.com, Canon.com and other brands less known than HP, Epson, Brother, Dell like Pitney Bowes, Minolta, Mita, Kodak printers. All brand names mentioned on this page are used for demonstrative purposes only. PrintCountry is not associated, affiliated or connected with. At PrintCountry.com besides offering deep discounted warehouse prices and online shopping offers and promotions for compatible toner cartridges, replacement printer ink cartridges, you can also find printer reviews about the most popular, best rated, newest printers, coupons and promos for other printing equipment manufacturers, do it yourself guides from friendly kid projects using your printer to great gift ideas using things like photo paper and your printers features. Whether you would like to buy your printer supplies online at discount prices, or save a bunch on cheap ink cartridges without sacrificing from quality prints, we hope you will find our website a good resource & guide to your print supply shopping needs.