Personalized wall clocks are awesome objects. They make for good stylized decorations in your home, and they are also perfect and thoughtful gifts for people you care about. Most of all, you can easily make them on your own.
How do you make a personalized wall clock? You would be surprised at how easy you can make one, and here is how.
To create a personalized wall clock, you would need:
– A photograph that you like, or any image that you would like to serve as background for your clock
– A photograph frame, with the shape and design of your own choosing
– A clock kit that contains clock hands, the clock mechanism and batteries
– Glossy or matte photo paper
– Computer and inkjet printer
– A drill and drill bits
– Metal file
1. Take the measurements of your photograph frame. When you measure the size of the background image you will use for as the face of your wall clock, make sure that this image fits the frame.
2. Open the photograph or image file that you like. Resize the photograph or image file according to the measurements you have taken of the photo frame.
3. Set the numbers of your wall clock on the image file by using photo-editing software. As much as possible, plot these numbers in such a way that they will appear aligned and angled clockwise. You can do this using photo-editing software or even a word processor if you do not have the former.
4. Make sure that the numbers of your wall clock are done in colors that contrast their background color. The contrast will allow you to tell time even from the far end of the room opposite the wall clock.
5. Print the resulting image on your chosen photo paper. Attach this image to the backing of the photo frame.
6. Using your drill, carefully poke a hole in the dead center of the back of the photo frame, making sure the drill bit extends even to the photograph and that the hole you are making is really at the dead center of the frame.
7. Attach the clock mechanism. Put the clock hands at the front of the photograph and fix it to the clock mechanism at the back of the frame through the hole you have drilled. Make sure that it fastens tightly.
8. Put together the photo frame. Your personalized wall clock is finished and you can hang it wherever you want.
This Article is written by John C Arkin.
PrintCountry offers a wide range of replacement cartridges, generic printer supplies, remanufactured and recycled printer inkjet cartridges for various brands like HP.com , Dell.com, Epson.com, BrotherUSA.com, Lexmark.com, Samsung.com, Canon.com and other brands less known than HP, Epson, Brother, Dell like Pitney Bowes, Minolta, Mita, Kodak printers. All brand names mentioned on this page are used for demonstrative purposes only. PrintCountry is not associated, affiliated or connected with. At PrintCountry.com besides offering deep discounted warehouse prices and online shopping offers and promotions for compatible toner cartridges, replacement printer ink cartridges, you can also find printer reviews about the most popular, best rated, newest printers, coupons and promos for other printing equipment manufacturers, do it yourself guides from friendly kid projects using your printer to great gift ideas using things like photo paper and your printers features. Whether you would like to buy your printer supplies online at discount prices, or save a bunch on cheap ink cartridges without sacrificing from quality prints, we hope you will find our website a good resource & guide to your print supply shopping needs.