Guys might love action movies and would really detest watching a romantic entertainment movie or a tearjerker, but movies on brotherly love might just be the exception to the rule. Even testosterone-driven men can appreciate a good movie about siblings and the love between brothers. Listed below are some of the greatest movies that revolve around the challenges and rewards of the strong bonds of fraternal relationships and brotherhood.
1. Rain Main. This 1988 American entertainment movie starred Tom Cruise and Academy Award Winner Dustin Hoffman as estranged brothers reunited after their father’s death. Charlie Babitt (Cruise) is a successful, albeit brash and selfish dealer of luxury cars who gets called back to his hometown after he learns that his father, whom he hasn’t talked to in years, has passed away. He also learns about the existence of Raymond (Hoffman), a brother, who has been put in mental institution when Charlie was young, when his father bequeaths his estate, money and car to the autistic older brother. The movie then takes us to the development of Charlie and Raymond’s relationship. Charlie starts exploiting Raymond’s extraordinary gift for Math by taking him to casinos. In the end, though, he learns to love and care for his brother. In a huge show of brotherly love, Charlie agrees to have Raymond receive all of their father’s inheritance.
2. Wyatt Earp. Shown in movie theaters in 1994, this old Western is definitely an entertainment movie that guys will enjoy. Starring Kevin Costner, Dennis Quaid, Mark Harmon and Gene Hackman, Wyatt Earp is about the true story of a lawman, who partners with his brothers in the latter part of the movie to bring peace and order to their town. This show of brotherly love and unity happens at the expense of his brothers Virgil, who gets wounded and Morgan, who gets killed at the infamous gunfight at the OK Corral.
3. Twins. Featuring Arnold Schwarzenegger and Danny de Vito as fraternal twins Julius and Vincent Benedict, Twins is a 1988 comedy that is one of the greatest movies about brotherly love of all time. Julius and Vincent are the uncanny result of a secret experiment in a genetics laboratory. They never knew their mother, for she was informed that they died soon after birth. The twins were also told that their mother had passed away after they were born. Separated, the twins grow up in completely different environments and become complete different people. While Julius grows up smart, intelligent and caring, Vincent learns to lie, steal and scam people to be able to survive. Julius finally learns about his brother and finds him. Although replete with comedic moments, this entertainment movie also features some tear-jerking moments, especially when the twins show brotherly love toward each other.
4. The Darjeeling Limited. Written and directed by the quirky Wes Anderson, this 2007 drama-comedy entertainment movie stars Owen Wilson, Adrien Brody, Jason Schwartzman and Angelica Houston. Francis, Peter and Jack Whitman (Wilson, Brody and Schwartzman) are three brothers who haven’t spoken to or seen each other since their father’s death. Francis, the oldest of the siblings, plans a trip across India, in the guise of a spiritual journey. The real reason for this trip is that he wants to meet their mother, who works in an abbey in India. Their journey, by train, across India, gets these siblings to show brotherly love, albeit many mishaps, misunderstandings and misadventures. The movie paints a rather realistic portrait of the real relationship of siblings.
5. The City of Lost Children. Sometimes, it’s the lesser-known movies that end up making it to the list of the greatest movies of all time. This independently released French science fiction film revolves around the heroic tale of One (Ron Perlman) as he goes out to rescue his younger brother Denree (Joseph Lucien) from the grips of Krank (Daniel Emilfork), a monstrous creature who steals children’s dreams.
Grab your popcorn and invite your siblings over for a movie night in your house. Rent any one of the DVDS listed above to enjoy fun, interesting movies all about brotherly love.
This Article is written by John C Arkin.
PrintCountry offers a wide range of replacement cartridges, generic printer supplies, remanufactured and recycled printer inkjet cartridges for various brands like HP.com , Dell.com, Epson.com, BrotherUSA.com, Lexmark.com, Samsung.com, Canon.com and other brands less known than HP, Epson, Brother, Dell like Pitney Bowes, Minolta, Mita, Kodak printers. All brand names mentioned on this page are used for demonstrative purposes only. PrintCountry is not associated, affiliated or connected with. At PrintCountry.com besides offering deep discounted warehouse prices and online shopping offers and promotions for compatible toner cartridges, replacement printer ink cartridges, you can also find printer reviews about the most popular, best rated, newest printers, coupons and promos for other printing equipment manufacturers, do it yourself guides from friendly kid projects using your printer to great gift ideas using things like photo paper and your printers features. Whether you would like to buy your printer supplies online at discount prices, or save a bunch on cheap ink cartridges without sacrificing from quality prints, we hope you will find our website a good resource & guide to your print supply shopping needs.