A school recycling program bestows two main benefits to the schools that conduct them. The first benefit is that a school recycling program helps teach students the value of recycling and the role that recycling plays in saving the environment. The second benefit is that the school can treat it as a means of raising funds to buy equipment and tools that will enhance the learning atmosphere within their premises.
It is quite simple to hold a school recycling program in your school. Here are a few steps to bear in mind in launching one.
1. Do a bit of research and make a survey of the local recycling centers. Find out what materials they accept for recycling, how much they pay for these materials and if they require fees. Another thing that you should know is whether they would pick up the recyclables from the school or they need you to bring the recyclables to the center.
2. Based on what you have learned, decide what materials you are going to collect in your school for the recycling program. The materials most commonly gathered for such projects are paper, plastics, CDs, floppy disks and printer ink cartridges.
3. Organize a committee that will oversee the school recycling program. It could be a group of teachers or the student council. It does not matter which one would take charge of the project as long as someone is taking responsibility for it.
4. Designate places in your school premises where the recycling receptacles will be placed. Provide separate containers for your recyclable materials – one for paper, one for plastics, one for printer cartridges and such. It is very important that these places are accessible to the students. Putting up recycling spots that are accessible to the students will encourage them to participate actively in the school recycling program. Also, make sure that this place is kept clean at all times.
5. It may be necessary to make it the teachers’ task to collect bottles, cans and food packaging during lunchtime. Another thing that the teachers may have to do in connection to the school recycling program is to keep track of the amount of paper that is being thrown in the waste basket in the classroom, as well as to encourage the students to throw less recyclables in the bin.
6. Make it a point to promote the school recycling program as much as you can. Have reminders announced during school assembly. Have posters put up on bulletin boards showing the location of the recycling receptacles in the school premises. You may even get a contest or a point system going in order to encourage the students further to participate in the project.
7. Invite an expert to hold special lectures or Q&A sessions on recycling and its importance. This would be a great way to educate the students on the value of recycling and encourage them to participate in the school recycling program. As an alternative, you can organize the teachers and have them give this special lecture themselves.
School recycling programs are known to be effective, and many students even find them fun.
This Article is written by John C Arkin.
PrintCountry offers a wide range of replacement cartridges, generic printer supplies, remanufactured and recycled printer inkjet cartridges for various brands like HP.com , Dell.com, Epson.com, BrotherUSA.com, Lexmark.com, Samsung.com, Canon.com and other brands less known than HP, Epson, Brother, Dell like Pitney Bowes, Minolta, Mita, Kodak printers. All brand names mentioned on this page are used for demonstrative purposes only. PrintCountry is not associated, affiliated or connected with. At PrintCountry.com besides offering deep discounted warehouse prices and online shopping offers and promotions for compatible toner cartridges, replacement printer ink cartridges, you can also find printer reviews about the most popular, best rated, newest printers, coupons and promos for other printing equipment manufacturers, do it yourself guides from friendly kid projects using your printer to great gift ideas using things like photo paper and your printers features. Whether you would like to buy your printer supplies online at discount prices, or save a bunch on cheap ink cartridges without sacrificing from quality prints, we hope you will find our website a good resource & guide to your print supply shopping needs.