InfoPrint Solutions Company – Interesting Facts to Know About

InfoPrint Solutions Company – Interesting Facts to Know About

What can you actually think of once you've read the name InfoPrint Solutions Company? You're right. It's all about providing print solutions to all sorts of businesses from the small ones to the larger enterprises. But for some of you out there who have heard about InfoPrint, the first thing that comes to mind is its joint venture with two prominent business names – Ricoh and IBM.

 

Some history on InfoPrint Solutions Company

InfoPrint Solutions is actually a very young company. In fact, it was conceptualized only in 2007. Wonder how the company was created as part of IBM's Printing Systems Division? Here are some facts.

1. The joint venture announcement was made simultaneously in Armonk, New York and Tokyo, Japan on January 25, 2007. Ricoh and IBM sat down together to make some of the plans. Ricoh is considered as one of the leaders in digital business solutions. Because of that, it promised to strengthen IBM's Printing Systems Division when it comes to production printing.

2. The agreement was closed after Ricoh initially bought 51% of the joint venture that is to be called InfoPrint Solutions Company. This amounted to around $725 million in cash inclusive of the $35 million management fee received by IBM. But a portion of that amount also formed part of the remaining 49% for the joint venture. This remaining percentage was to be paid in three years thus making the joint venture a subsidiary of Ricoh company.

3. Before this joint venture happened, Ricoh and IBM were already strong business partners. The investment made by Ricoh on the joint venture paved the way for innovation and growth for InfoPrint Solutions Company. This in turn will benefit IBM in that it will be able to focus more on its other strategic businesses.

Other things to know about InfoPrint Solutions Company

This formation is a result of over 40 years of IBM'S printing experience and Ricoh's leadership in office solutions. The company expands its research and development and continues to offer a wide array of products and services to consumers. It also will have a more comprehensive set of offerings in the market.

The InfoPrint Solutions Company actually began its operations in June 4, 2007 with around 1,200 employees employed all over the world. It has started operating in various countries like Brazil, Australia, Argentina, France, China, Canada, Hong Kong, Spain, Singapore, Mexico, Italy, Switzerland, Japan, Germany, UK, Taiwan and US. Now, InfoPrint has over 2,500 employees worldwide.

Since then, InfoPrint was known for providing a bunch of solutions that caters to production printing for all sorts of work environments. They provide efficient workflow with a very high return on investment and a low cost of ownership. It developed IBM AFP or Advanced Function Presentation Architecture and the Intelligent Printer Data Stream. Both these products are specially made for the most essential business printing needs.

In 2008, InfoPrint's color journey started. It launched the InfoPrint Pro C900 in October of that year. This one has a different type of laser technology that is blended well with inline finishing and various media options. This product broadened its market appeal with a PostScript and TransPromo features. These ones will help create more effective printing solutions for businesses.

 

This Article is written by John C Arkin.



Disclaimer

PrintCountry offers a wide range of replacement cartridges, generic printer supplies, remanufactured and recycled printer inkjet cartridges for various brands like HP.com , Dell.com, Epson.com, BrotherUSA.com, Lexmark.com, Samsung.com, Canon.com and other brands less known than HP, Epson, Brother, Dell like Pitney Bowes, Minolta, Mita, Kodak printers. All brand names mentioned on this page are used for demonstrative purposes only. PrintCountry is not associated, affiliated or connected with. At PrintCountry.com besides offering deep discounted warehouse prices and online shopping offers and promotions for compatible toner cartridges, replacement printer ink cartridges, you can also find printer reviews about the most popular, best rated, newest printers, coupons and promos for other printing equipment manufacturers, do it yourself guides from friendly kid projects using your printer to great gift ideas using things like photo paper and your printers features. Whether you would like to buy your printer supplies online at discount prices, or save a bunch on cheap ink cartridges without sacrificing from quality prints, we hope you will find our website a good resource & guide to your print supply shopping needs.


Why Shop at PrintCountry.com?
 
All brand names and logos mentioned on this page are used for demonstrative purposes only.
These brand names are registered trademarks of their individual parent companies.