“In this article you will find information about how to refill Kodak cartridges. However we do not recommend trying to refill kodak ink cartridges for the novice user because they are smaller in size, more fragile and it is hard to find right refill ink to finalize the process. It is best to use compatible non-oem generic cartridges to use in your Kodak Printers.”
Recycling printer cartridges has extremely vital benefits for the society. The consumer gets a huge economic benefit, and the environment insuperable benefits. Recycling cartridges is a means to save money and fuel, reduce garbage and prevent pollution.
Many printer and cartridge companies have taken the initiative to recycle by refilling or remanufacturing. Hence one way of recycling is to send the cartridge back to the place from where the cartridge has been purchased. Another easier way is to refill the cartridge and reuse the recycled one.
Recycling or refilling of some printer cartridges is extremely easy that anyone can refill but in some cases refilling can be messy and difficult.
Kodak Printer Ink Cartridges (One Color)
In Kodak printer ink cartridges the ink is retained due to the presence of internal sponge in the cartridge. The following steps can be used for the easy refilling of these cartridges.
1. Spread some absorbent material like a newspaper or a towel in order to avoid mess.
2. Create a hole in the top lower flat surface using a drill or a heated pin. Drill a hole 1/3rd of the way from the edge. Make the hole where the letter ‘K’ is written.
3. Fill Â½ of the syringe bottle with ink about 10 to 15ml.
4. Insert the needle into the cartridge and inject slowly into the sponge. Inject deeply so that the sponge gets saturated.
5. You can reseal the hole but it is not necessary.
6. Expect some dripping but for greater results leave the cartridge overnight. Seal it if you have to transport it.
Kodak Printer Ink Cartridges (Colored & Photo Cartridge)
The colors of ink used in these cartridges are:
- Red(or magenta)
- Blue(or cyan)
The first step for refilling remains the same:
1. First the lid has to be removed. This can be done with a sharp knife at the intersection of colored and black plastic. Remove the lid.
2. Insert a pin or toothpick into each hole in order to check the different colors in chambers.
3. Fill the syringe bottle about 1/8th with ink which is 5ml for each chamber.
4. Insert the needle into the cartridge and slowly inject so that the internal sponge gets saturated. All colors may not empty fully so the sponge will not soak fully.
5. Repeat the 2nd and 3rd step for the other two colors and fill the chambers with different syringes.
6. Place the cap back on top and tape it.
7. Expect some dripping but for greater results leave it overnight.
Kodak Printer Laser Toner Cartridge
The refilling of Kodak laser toner cartridges should be done at a place where there is no breeze. It is flammable so work where there is no flame. Also do not inhale as it is irritating. The three basic types of Kodak laser toner cartridges are:
- Canister: tube for holding toner
- Drum: cartridge with gears and a drum with a gelatin coating
- Toner and developer: similar to drum cartridge but uses toner and developer both.
Kodak Canister Cartridge
1. Spread some absorbent material like a towel or newspaper. Find a plug at the end of cartridge.
2. Remove the plug. If you don’t find it then create a hole which does not come in the way of the paper path (a smooth plastic surface).
3. After creating a hole carefully remove the shavings.
4. Shake the bottle of toner and pour the entire bottle into the cartridge with a funnel or paper funnel.
5. Put the plug back and seal with a black electrical tape.
6. Install in the printer.
Kodak Drum Cartridge
These are complex printer ink cartridges. The ‘pretty’ drum may have three colored coatings: red, blue or green. Before refilling locate its toner and waste hopper following these points:
1. Locate the drum and imagine that it runs down to the end of the cartridge.
2. Lay it down to that the drum runs from left to right in front of you. The side near to you is the ‘near side’ and the one far from you is ‘far side’.
3. One of these sides is larger than the other.
4. The largest side is ‘toner hopper’ and smaller one is ‘waste hopper’.
Now to refill follow the following steps.
i. Locate the drum but do not touch it. It can be under a shutter.
ii. Find the toner hopper. You will see a translucent plug on one side. Remove it. If you do not find it then create a hole in the toner hopper away from the paper path.
iii. Vacuum the drum of shavings but do not touch the drum.
iv. Shake the bottle of toner and pour the entire bottle into the cartridge with a funnel. v. Seal the hole with the pug or a black electrical tape.
Kodak Toner & Developer Cartridges
This cartridge is very much similar to the drum cartridge but it has two plugs. The larger one is for toner and smaller one for developer. You will need medium sized flat and cross headed screwdrivers for refilling.
a. Find the waste box at the end of the cartridge and remove the screws. There is a sliding door for the waste box.
b. Behind the waste box is a plastic plate held by a single screw. You are to arrange it in such a way that the green colored part is towards the upper right and screw towards lower left. Unscrew it.
c. There is a clip above the green side. Push it with a flat screw driver to release the plate.
d. You will now see a large cap for the toner. Get off the cap or make a hole in it.
e. Fill the cartridge with toner and seal it.
f. Towards the left centre is a small plug for the developer. Remove the plug or make a hole in it.
g. Fill the hole with developer and seal.
h. Place the plastic plate and the waste box.
i. Shake the cartridge softly.
This Article is written by John C Arkin.
PrintCountry offers a wide range of replacement cartridges, generic printer supplies, remanufactured and recycled printer inkjet cartridges for various brands like HP.com , Dell.com, Epson.com, BrotherUSA.com, Lexmark.com, Samsung.com, Canon.com and other brands less known than HP, Epson, Brother, Dell like Pitney Bowes, Minolta, Mita, Kodak printers. All brand names mentioned on this page are used for demonstrative purposes only. PrintCountry is not associated, affiliated or connected with. At PrintCountry.com besides offering deep discounted warehouse prices and online shopping offers and promotions for compatible toner cartridges, replacement printer ink cartridges, you can also find printer reviews about the most popular, best rated, newest printers, coupons and promos for other printing equipment manufacturers, do it yourself guides from friendly kid projects using your printer to great gift ideas using things like photo paper and your printers features. Whether you would like to buy your printer supplies online at discount prices, or save a bunch on cheap ink cartridges without sacrificing from quality prints, we hope you will find our website a good resource & guide to your print supply shopping needs.