The use of compatible cartridge and recycled cartridge in the printers is becoming more common as compared to buying OEM(original equipment manufacturers) cartridges. The compatible cartridges are cost saving whereas the recycled cartridges save money as well as resources and reduces garbage.
These are brand new cartridges which are not OEM manufactured but by a third party. They are produced after careful research and testing and meet the standards of branded cartridges. A common misconception is that by using compatible printer cartridges the printer warranty expires whereas this is not the case.
A cartridge that is refilled with ink and used again is called a recycled cartridge. This is the most economic way of printing if the requirement of printing is large. Nowadays tools are available for refilling the cartridges which are easy to use and cheap to buy. When the spare parts of recycled cartridges like the heads are replaced with new ones then they are called remanufactured cartridges.
Golden Rules to Avoid Any Problem
• Always follow the guidelines for installation given by the printer’s manufacturer because the compatible cartridges are made according to the same specifications as the OEM printer cartridges. So the same guidelines must be used.
• In the case of refilling, always keep the cartridges topped up if you have printers with inbuilt print heads like Lexmark, Hewlett Packard and some Canon printers. This will prevent air bubbles and blocked heads.
• If the cartridge heads are blocked then soak them in window cleaning solution or warm water and then clean with a soft cotton swab.
• If the printer is not used everyday then it should be turned on at least once in two weeks so that the printer heads do not get dry. Always turn the printer off when not in use so that the heads are not exposed to air. Air bubbles are one of the common problems especially in Epson printers and cartridges. After the refilled cartridges are installed then conduct a nozzle and head clean test for good results.
• If the cartridge has been filled and still the printer does not print then the circuit of the cartridge may have failed. But topping it with ink can cure the problem in some cases. • When filling the cartridges overfilling of ink should be avoided because dripping of ink can cause contamination in the print heads.
• In some printers like Hewlett Packard the printer fails to recognize the cartridge after it has been put the second time after refilling. To cure this problem the HP help centre will have to be called.
• In some printers like the Canon printer, all cartridges must be refilled at the same time so that the head cleaning cycles of the printer can be minimized. The cleaning cycles are counted by the printer and after a certain number it will have to be reset in order to work again.
• Some inks are specifically manufactured for specific printers and cannot be used in other cartridges so the ink must be checked before buying for the specific model.
• For laser printers, if compatible or remanufactured cartridges have to be used then it should be assured before buying a printer if the spare parts or remanufactured cartridges are available for the model.
This Article is written by John C Arkin.
PrintCountry offers a wide range of replacement cartridges, generic printer supplies, remanufactured and recycled printer inkjet cartridges for various brands like HP.com , Dell.com, Epson.com, BrotherUSA.com, Lexmark.com, Samsung.com, Canon.com and other brands less known than HP, Epson, Brother, Dell like Pitney Bowes, Minolta, Mita, Kodak printers. All brand names mentioned on this page are used for demonstrative purposes only. PrintCountry is not associated, affiliated or connected with. At PrintCountry.com besides offering deep discounted warehouse prices and online shopping offers and promotions for compatible toner cartridges, replacement printer ink cartridges, you can also find printer reviews about the most popular, best rated, newest printers, coupons and promos for other printing equipment manufacturers, do it yourself guides from friendly kid projects using your printer to great gift ideas using things like photo paper and your printers features. Whether you would like to buy your printer supplies online at discount prices, or save a bunch on cheap ink cartridges without sacrificing from quality prints, we hope you will find our website a good resource & guide to your print supply shopping needs.