If you are a print service provider, it may be a good idea for you to expand to textile printing if you have not done so yet. The market for textile printing is expanding as customers are turning to more cost-effective means to advertise their products using signage and banners, to redecorate interiors, to create backdrops, and many other things. Also, with the advancement of technologies involving wide-format printers and large-format printers for textiles, it is now easier and more profitable to go into the textile printing business.
Cost-effectiveness is not the only reason why customers would turn to textiles as an alternative to vinyl and other materials commonly used for signage and interior design. Textiles present other advantages to customers, and some of these advantages are listed below.
1. Textile is versatile. Customers value textile because of its versatility. They can be cut, stretched, or otherwise made to conform to any shape that the customer desires. Thus, customers can have decors and signage that is truly customized to their needs with textile printing. Fabric also allows customers to become more creative with how they decorate their interiors without spending a lot of money on their projects.
2. Textile can be used indoors and outdoors. Another proof of the versatility of textile is the fact that it can be used both indoors and outdoors. Textile signage and banners can last a long time outdoors without fading if the fabric is properly treated. To make the most out of the durability of textiles, the ink that should be used in the wide-format printers during the textile printing process should be pigment-based and formulated so that the printout would be resistant to scratching and the assault of the elements.
3. Fabrics are lightweight and portable. Fabrics weigh a lot less than vinyl, wood and other materials used for signage and décor. It is also a lot easier to put them up and take them down when necessary. In addition, because fabrics are lightweight, they can be shipped a lot more easily as well. You can pack more fabric in a box and even if they get wrinkled, you can stretch and iron the fabric later.
4. Textiles are friendlier to the environment. Fabrics such as silk and cotton are more sustainable to produce, unlike paper, vinyl or plywood. The resources needed to produce fabrics are renewable and do not take years to grow. They also do not release volatile organic compounds into the atmosphere. Thus, their impact on the environment is not that heavy.
5. Textiles produce a more interesting template for printouts. The texture of fabrics adds another dimension to the printed images, making them more interesting to look at. Because of the enhanced look that the texture of the fabric gives printed images, these images can connect with whoever looks at them at a more emotional level.
Textile printing is a good option that print service providers can take to expand their business. One of the things that they need to do in order to get this done is to invest in wide-format printers that can be used in textile printing. The investment may be considerable, but with the growing demand for printed textiles these days, they are sure to get a return on their investment sooner than they expect.
This Article is written by John C Arkin.
PrintCountry offers a wide range of replacement cartridges, generic printer supplies, remanufactured and recycled printer inkjet cartridges for various brands like HP.com , Dell.com, Epson.com, BrotherUSA.com, Lexmark.com, Samsung.com, Canon.com and other brands less known than HP, Epson, Brother, Dell like Pitney Bowes, Minolta, Mita, Kodak printers. All brand names mentioned on this page are used for demonstrative purposes only. PrintCountry is not associated, affiliated or connected with. At PrintCountry.com besides offering deep discounted warehouse prices and online shopping offers and promotions for compatible toner cartridges, replacement printer ink cartridges, you can also find printer reviews about the most popular, best rated, newest printers, coupons and promos for other printing equipment manufacturers, do it yourself guides from friendly kid projects using your printer to great gift ideas using things like photo paper and your printers features. Whether you would like to buy your printer supplies online at discount prices, or save a bunch on cheap ink cartridges without sacrificing from quality prints, we hope you will find our website a good resource & guide to your print supply shopping needs.